Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Fort McPherson Has a Nice Ring To It


JULY 13, 2020


**  A name worthy of honor.  (McPherson, Kansas, named after Union Gen. James Birdseye McPherson.  A monument for him sits on the lawn in front of the McPherson County Courthouse.  (Fortunately, BLM has not mistaken it for a Confederate officer).  Suggests Fort McPherson as a replacement name for Fort Hood.  McPherson was one of the Union's best generals and was killed at the Battle of Atlanta.

I could definitely go with this name.  As I have said before, I am in favor of renaming Army bases with Confederate names, but  those who want and demand  the bases be renamed, to put their money where their mouths are and pay any expenses incurred in doing this.

Also, I do not favor any of these bases being renamed for Blacks (although I am sure they all will be) for at least ten years, as that would be a slap in the face for those of us already losing all the statues and having our ancestors denigrated.  After ten years, rename some of the bases after Blacks.  I could definitely appreciate a  Fort Colin Powell.  A great man and I sure wish he would have run for president, but I guess he was too smart to get involved in that mess.  As a matter of fact, I would support a base being named for him right away.

**  Other female names the author proposed for military base names:

Navy Ensign Jane Kendeigh
Lt. Col. Nancy Harkness Love
Navy Lieutenant Susan Ann Cuddy
Mae Krier  (Rosie the Riveter)
Colonel Ruby Bradely

Again, any of these as long as they are not Black.  But after ten years, it can be changed.

Father Bob Layne has some good ideas.

--Old Secesh

No comments:

Post a Comment