Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Major League Baseball Starts Finally. Yeah! But...


From the June 23, Chicago Tribune.

Good to have it back, but, not if "they" do the BLM thing.

The manager of the San Francisco Giants became the first major league manager to kneel during the National Anthem.  He said it was his protesting the systemic racism in the United States.  So did a Cincinnati Reds player and the report said others plan to do this as well once the season begins.

When I look at the salaries the black players get, I have to believe all the horrible aspects of growing up Black in this country can't be all that bad.  Those guys earn more in a year than I did in my entire 33 years of being a teacher and I am a white person.

If this really gets to be a big thing, or players start wearing BLM stuff, it could be an even shorter baseball season for me.  Can anybody say "Boycott."  And, since the ballparks aren't open, that means no watchie for me.

I was just listening to Lin Brehmer on Chicago's WXRT, the world's biggest Cubs fan.  Usually, he has a big live show down at Wrigleyville around Wrigley Field, but not this year because of you-know-what.  It is too bad we can't convert him to be a White Sox fan, but hey, nobody's perfect, Lin.

Anyway, I am hoping that the baseball players won't push this BLM thing as I would hate to give up my baseball, still my favorite sport.

I Got Along Without MLB This Long So Far This Year.  Another 60 Games and Playoffs Ain't Nothin'.  --Old Secesh

No comments:

Post a Comment