Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

This Should Be Maryland's New State Song: 'We Is Woke, Oh We Is Woke. Great God Almighty, We Is Woke'

And, you can even keep the tune you already have and just change the words.

I've heard "Maryland, My Maryland" many times over the years, but to tell the truth, never paid much attention to the words.  After looking at the lyrics, I have to agree that they are very Confederate and anti-anything Union.  Yep, they need changing.  Maybe something along the lines of all this "Woke" stuff these days.

Or, something extolling the wonders of the state or things to be proud of would be good as well.
But, I just read a commentary by a commentator "General Assembly faces the music, votes to shame that tune."

I take it, he does not like the state song.  "And so it was  with 'Maryland, My Maryland,' an ode  to the Confederacy, or a Civil War regional fight-song, a seventh-rate song by a third-rate poet,  set to a plagiarized  melody, 'Lautiger Horatius,' or 'O Tannenbaum,' better known to American ears as 'O Christmas Tree.'  Take your pick."

With my song, which goes right along with "O Christmas Tree," all you have to do is change the words.

Shake Me, Woke Me.  And Little Ol' Seventh-Rate, Third-Rate.  --Old Secesh


No comments:

Post a Comment