Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Where I Stand on the Confederate Removal Poll-- Part 1

This is about the poll in North Carolina that I wrote about in my last post.

Of course, I don't live in North Carolina and didn't take part in the poll.  The percentages of people in each category who opposed and supported removal absolutely did not surprise me at all.  Probably didn't surprise anybody.

I was born in North Carolina and lived there for essentially the first ten years of my life before moving to Illinois (we lived for a half year in Jacksonville, Florida).

I support the statues remaining where they are.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Education, a Master's Degree in History and 30 hours beyond that.

I am 69 (and will be 70 near the end of May)

I used to vote mostly Democrat starting in the 1990s up until all this mess over BLM riots and attacks on the Confederacy started, so now tend to vote for Republicans.  In the last three presidential elections, I voted for Obama, Clinton and this last year Trump, even though I sure didn't want to.

I am a white person.

I live in a suburban area of Chicago.

As a matter of fact, I would be more than happy to end this blog if all the attacks stopped.  I'd much rather be concentrating just on the real history of the war and not this mess.

So, You Guys Attacking the Statues, Stop, and I'll Stop Defending.   --Old Secesh


No comments:

Post a Comment