Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Monday, June 15, 2020

15 Days Until Virginia's Confederate Statue Orgy


Yep, folks, just 15 days until Virginia gets to "legally" go on its state sanctioned tear-down of Confederate statues, and I know Richmond and Charlottesville are really anticipating that.  It will be cause for a great party with all sorts of cheering, hand-clapping and back-slapping.  There will be so much joy for some.

I wonder how many other statues will be coming down in the state between July 1 and July 4?

Every Southern state is having the repulsive Confederate Hate virus, but Virginia, the former capital of the Confederacy, especially so.

The whole state is now on my boycott list as a result, which, as a Civil War buff, is difficult with all the battlefields there.  Plus, traditionally, I stop in Wytheville, Virginia, for gas on my way to North Carolina as this is the cheapest gas during the whole trip.  Next time, I will wait until I get to North Carolina to fill up.

Plus, I was planning on driving the Crooked Road for that experience.  And, if you've been following my Tattooed On Your Soul:  World War II blog, I've been writing about Bedford, Virginia, and its role as America's World War II City because 19 of its 34 sons died on D-Day.  I won't be visiting it for  now.

Just some of the things I will be missing about Virginia (but not that horrific traffic gridlock in the northern part of the state between D.C. and Virginia).

All that will have to wait until I find a way to forgive Virginia for its transgressions.

So Sad.  But, No Money From Me.  --Old Secesh



No comments:

Post a Comment