Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

What Is This Civil War II?


We had a World War I and then a World War II.  We also had a Civil War (1861-1865) which was the only Civil War until essentially those murders in Charleston, S.C. on June 17, 2015.  This is the date I consider the start of Civil War II, though it had been going on for years before that, especially with the beginning of the Civil War Sesquicentennial in 2011.

June 17, 2015 was essentially April 12, 1861, with the firing on Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor.  It started the First Civil War.

I was writing about this continuing War on the Confederacy, or Civil War II as I call it, in my Saw the Elephant: Civil War blog, the last several months with three straight days worth of what my Google Alerts said.  It gives you the continuity and severity of those attacks.  Again, just because you don't continually read about these in your local newspaper, doesn't mean they aren't happening.

However, now that I have this new blog, I can write about Civil War II right here and keep Saw the Elephant to the First Civil War.

--Old Secesh


No comments:

Post a Comment