Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Monday, April 10, 2023

Here Is the List of Army Bases to be Renamed-- Part 2: Fort Benning Becomes Fort Moore

This has been the topic of many articles in the last month as the military starts renaming them.  I do not list these unless more information is given than what I have already written.  That is why I haven't been writing a lot lately in this blog.  (And believe me, I sure will be happy if the day ever comes that I can completely drop this blog.  I have too many blogs as it is and this one is no fun to write.)

All of the  people the bases are renamed for are deserving.  The commission that chose the names did a good job.

RENAMED BASES:

FORT BENNING, Georgia, will become FORT MOORE, after Army Lt. Gen.  Hal Moore and his wife, Julia Compton Moore. Hal Moore  received the Distinguished Service cross for his heroism in the Vietnam War.  Julia Moore advocated for military families and is credited for the personal notification of death procedures now practiced.

--Old Secesh

No comments:

Post a Comment