Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Here Are My Choices for Black Renamed Confederate Bases (and One More)

Since the bases are going to be renamed, I have a short list of ones I think are deserving.  I do not want every one of them renamed after a black person.  I know that goes against what a lot of people want to happen.

But, here are four Blacks who I think would be good choices"

Benjamin O.  Davis, Sr. and Benjamin O. Davis, Jr.  Senior was the first black general in the U.S. Army and the son was the first black general in the U.S. Air Force as well as commander of the Tuskegee Airmen.

Jackie Robinson fought not only to break the color barrier of Major League Baseball, but also the color barrier in the U.S. Army as an officer during World War II.

Colin Powell. I sure wish he had run for U.S. president.  I'd have voted for him in a heartbeat.

*******************************

Also, we could save a lot of money in renaming Fort Bragg because of General Edward S. Bragg who commanded the famed Iron Brigade during the Civil War.  I realize he is a white man, but very deserving in my books.

Again, I am not against renaming the Confederate base names.  After all, they did fight against the United States.  But, I do not want every base to be named after a black person.  Surely we can find some deserving white people as well.

Come On, People.   --Old Secesh


No comments:

Post a Comment