Are these UDC members the white supremacists who put up all those racist monuments BLM has warned us about? How about those Confederate veterans above them? Some mighty desperate and despicable folks if you ask me.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

About That Proposed USCT Monument in Richmond, Virginia


In the last post, I mentioned that the Richmond City Council, which has been doing everything it can do to have the Confederate statues on Monument Avenue removed, is thinking about putting a new statue up there to honor black soldiers from the USCT (United States Colored Troops).

Again, I always support anything that relates to history.  However, I stand completely opposed to this current effort to remove all Confederate statues, memorials and plaques from all public spaces (and even private).  I am hoping that this current movement by Virginia Democrats to push this agenda does not mean I will have to vote for Republicans in the next election.  I would rather pick and choose my candidates as usual.

Anyway, I got to wondering about the USCT regiment that the Richmond City Council wants to be placed on Monument Avenue, especially in regards to the 14 Medals of Honor they received so did some research.

I will write about that research in my Saw the Elephant: Civil War blog later today.  To view it, go to My Blogs column to the right of this and click on it.

More History, Less Hatred.  --Old Secesh

No comments:

Post a Comment